Frequently Asked Questions
- The funding entity must be at least 51% black owned
- Be a South African citizen
- A farming entity can be a sole proprietor, a close corporation, private company or cooperative
- The emerging farmer and/or black shareholder must be active in farming
- At least 50Ha of arable land must be planted per crop in a production season
- The main crops funded will be barley; hops and Non-GMO yellow maize
- Have a clear business plan indicating loan repay ability for amounts being borrowed
- Be able to afford the repayments on a loan
- Meet acceptable score on the FarmSol Farmer Selection Scorecard
- This depends on the nature of the application. Our application process is as follows:
Tell us what you are looking for. Fill in the eligibility for funding enquiry forms online here or with the assistance of your local regional FarmSol officer. The more information you can provide the better!
Set up an appointment. We will notify you once your enquiry has been received and our team will arrange an appointment to speak to the right person either telephonically or in person.
Action and Results! Our team of experts will then guide you through the application process and notify you of the outcome.
- We currently have a footprint in seven provinces across South Africa: Western Cape, KwaZulu-Natal, Mpumalanga, Gauteng, Free State, North West, and Northern Cape, and Limpopo.
- Yes; FarmSol through its network of skilled agri-specialists will provide you with technical support and mentorship.
- Unabridged Company Registration or Cooperative Registration, Tax Clearance Certificate, VAT Certificate, members/directors/beneficiary names and ID copies, proof of banking details, BEE Certificate or Exemption, title deed or lease agreement or permission to occupy (PTO) for communal land, and proxy letter for signatory.
- By applying online, you will be given the opportunity to upload your documentation
- Email your documents to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Preferably yes, but if circumstances allow, we will assist in getting the farmer registered.
- Farmer statements get issued monthly.