Where knowledge meets sustainability.
Welcome to FarmSol
In South Africa, restoring a nation begins in restoring its farmers. Not just to the land, but to their futures. When we help someone achieve their dream of becoming a farmer, we are committing to so much more than just arranging a profession or a plot of land to be cultivated. We are seeding the future. That’s because a farm isn’t just a business one starts, or simply sells. It’s a long-term, multi-generational investment. What we are cultivating is an assured future for that farmer’s family, for generations to come. Now, that’s real progress!
At FarmSol, we see ourselves as farmers of farmers, cultivating futures in farming. We believe that restoring the nation begins in restoring the farmer. Not just to the land, but to his or her future.
And we’ll always be there for the little guy. With one foot on the farm and one foot in the boardroom, FarmSol transcends traditional boundaries linking both spectrums of the supply chain; “Customer & Supplier”. We can get our hands dirty working the soil as easily as we can clean up as a corporate.
We’re a ‘South African Breweries Thrive Fund’ initiative and a black-owned agricultural services company focused on incubating emerging farmers into fully-fledged, future-fit, sustainable enterprises attaining higher improved quality yields and enabling multinationals in the food and beverage sector to source reliable supply of high-quality raw materials from emerging farmers.
Our emerging farmer incubating model set out to:
- Unlocking access to funding for Agri-SMMEs
- Provide technical training and support to emerging farmers
- Provide access to modern production inputs and patient financing to qualifying enterprises
- Enable emerging farmers to find a route to market for their produce
What we do
We nurture dedicated individuals to the point where they can thrive independently as farmers engaged in viable, sustainable and successful activities – without reliance on grants or any form of broad based developmental support. And we ensure a consistent and quality supply of raw materials for processing to multinationals in the food and beverage sector.
How we do it
We restore the agricultural supply chain between Farmer and Buyer. We empower and train emerging producers to ensure they run sustainable farming enterprises and connect them to multinationals aiming to transform their supply chain through enterprise development.
Our growing role
To the emerging farmer… we are a trusted partner and mentor. A much-needed benefactor through our knowledge, skills, and connections.
To the multinational… we are the rare social and developmental agency that they can trust. A much-needed facilitator enabling them to source reliable supply of high-quality raw materials from emerging farmers and achieve their transformational targets and goals.
To the industry… we sincerely hope to become the model example, to drive sustained and single-minded progress, through farmer development and agricultural development.
Our goal is to enable emerging farmers to farm sustainably, while leaving a social footprint of inclusive growth, skills development and job creation. It’s all about long-term upliftment and impact. And with over 420 budding farmers already seeded across seven provinces, FarmSol continues to be a rare and visionary success.
And that’s why we’re proud to have been appointed by South African Breweries as an implementation partner, to manage the upliftment, mentorship and training of a select group of emerging farmers. This is in line with SAB’s principles of enterprise development investment, community development and advancement, land reform and agricultural development.
Our BIG-PICTURE objectives
Our objectives rest on a shi” in perspective, from prospective to prosperous, from emerging to budding.
Our objectives are built on meaningful progress, from prospective to prosperous, from emerging to thriving.
- We only accept clients who share our vision and meet our eligibility criteria
- We set up a credit committee to assess and onboard clients
- We are trasparent in our business dealings and our client partnerships
- We make us of client segmentation to ensure we address specific farming challenges
- We conduct annual client satisfaction surveys to maintain shared perspectives
- We focus on farmer profitability and reduce the cost of doing business for our clients
- Collaboratvie: We seek help and reach outh to each other. We-re always better together
- Accountable: We take ownership of our actions
- Respectful: We are forthright in our approach and create honest relationships
- Proactive: We don’t wait to be told; we thrive in a climate of complexity and change
- Dependable: We strive to find a better way forward and are always available when needed
- Service-centred: We serve clients with dedication integrity and pride
- We actively reinforce our desired market position and manage reputational risk
- We maintain a balance and extensively with our stakeholders through various industry platforms
- We engage actively and extensively with our stakeholders through various industry platforms
- We conduct an annual stakeholder satisfaction surveyt
- We strive continuously to improve on our brand perspective
- We simplify policies and procedures to drive effeciency]
- We continuously acquire and update data to benefit our clients
- We ensure our clients are compliant with all compulsory legislation
- We make use of state-of-the-are technologies, such as logbooks, agronomic data capture and tracking, and financial and business management systems
- We provide business intelligence and client profiling
Our contact details
Francois Le Grange t. +27 79 399 2413